What is Eppo?
Eppo is a next-generation feature flagging and experimentation platform built right on top of your data warehouse:
We offer companies an end-to-end suite of experimentation tools, but let you decide which ones are right for you. Here are a few common ways teams use Eppo:
- As an end-to-end experimentation platform - feature flagging, randomization, and analysis.
- For experiment analysis alongside internal or third party randomization systems.
- For feature flagging without experimentation.
How feature flagging works
Using an Eppo feature flag involves the following steps:
- Encode the variant values as booleans, strings, JSONs, or numerics
- Specify allocation logic for what traffic should see what variants (including randomized variants)
- Install and Initialize the SDK with an environment-specific SDK key and provide a logging callback function to track exposures in your data warehouse
- Enable the feature flagging in your local, test, or production environment
How experiment analysis works
Eppo's analysis is built on top of your data warehouse. Concretely, this means experiment results are computed within the warehouse without data leaving your system. As part of that process, intermediate and aggregate tables are available in the warehouse for you to audit. In Eppo, metrics are defined in SQL, the same definitions that you use for business reporting.
Generating an experiment report on Eppo involves five steps:
- Connect Eppo to your data warehouse: Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or Databricks
- Point Eppo at randomization logs from your application, email marketing system, ML models, or any other surface area on which you experiment
- Map metric data in your warehouse into Eppo's entity, fact, and dimension data model
- Analyze the impact the experiment had on business metrics
- Perform diagnostics, deep dive on results, and curate learnings in sharable experiment reports
Navigating the docs
To quickly get up and running, check out our getting started guides. If you want to dive deeper into how Eppo works and understand Eppo's full functionality, check out the following pages:
Finally, check out our how to guides to get detailed instruction on how to best accomplish advanced tasks, such as integrating with third-party tools and performing advanced analysis.
Need help? Do not hesitate to reach out to us via
firstname.lastname@example.org; we would love to hear from you!